San Francisco Boutique Hotels Near Union Square
Out of all the San Francisco places to stay, Golden Gate Hotel offers comfortable and charming accommodations in the heart of the city
A few policies to take note of during your visit:
- You may cancel up to 48 hours prior to arrival. In the event of a late cancellation or a no show, the first night’s charges apply.
- Check-in is 3pm but feel free to drop your bags off any time prior to check-in. Check-out is noon and we are happy to hold your bags if you have a later departure.
- This is a non-smoking hotel
- We are family and pet friendly, visit our reservation page for policies.
- At the time of your reservation your first night will be charged to the credit card you provide as a deposit for the room.
Our small hotel, originally constructed in 1913, is listed in the National Register of Historic Places as a Contributing Building in the Lower Nob Hill Apartment Hotel District. While it is a beautiful, historic building, an evaluation survey done by a Certified Access Specialist (CAS) concluded that the Golden Gate Hotel was designed and built in such a way that it is not technically feasible to eliminate the front steps at the entrance or provide an alternative, compliant means of access for those who use wheelchairs. We regret that we cannot serve you.